These are just a couple of pictures that I found in a trunk. I am probably as surprised as you are that my Father was a 'dancer'. No one ever talked about this to me. So many things from my parents lives, pre - me were not talked about. I love the 2 pictures of my Mother. She was so pretty when she was a young woman. I always thought she was beautiful - after all she was my Mom. The picture with the tear in it - I had never seen that picture before but I was told that one summer my Dad went to Mexico City. He went to speak to some gentleman who was a member of the U. S. State Dept. My Dad was thinking about a career with the Diplomatic Corps. The picture of my Dad as a little guy was taken in Salt Lake City where he was born. I know that the family moved to Los Angeles when my Dad was 3 so I imagine he was 3 'ish in that photo.
I'll keep going through the trunk and I'll post more pictures when I find some good ones.
Who's next?
Marianne
2 comments:
Hi Family,
I was going to post some photos of Louise taken in the 1930s that are clearly posed photos taken in a studio but are of her with ski poles, etc. She used one of them as a Christmas card photo --a card we all loved. I haven't figured out how to post a photo yet, though, so if one of you would tell me, I'll add a few things to the dialogue! Cyndi
Thank you so much Marianne, for the photos of your Mom and Dad: they are just wonderful. I always thought of your dad as more introverted, but it does not appear so when he was young, and ever so handsome!
Susan
Post a Comment