Saturday, November 17, 2007


Here's an interesting photo of the whole Hathaway clan in the patio at 714 S Windsor. The south wall can be seen at the left. Bill was born 02/02/1930, and Neil died 06/29/1933, so I guess this photo was taken in 1932. Who can identify the collie?
Sandy

6 comments:

Fred Hathaway said...

Great to have a pic with Neil and Bud, but WHAT is going on?! Either the objective was to imitate the dog, and everyone but Bud did sensationally well, or everyone but Bud has a BIG problem with the person taking the photo (Thyra?) Any more photos from this day?! The patio seems to be in full glory.

Marianne said...

I seem to remember Louise & Mac & the boys had a collie once whose name was Lad or Laddie - and I think that the collie in this picture was also called Laddie. Then again, I could be wrong. Does anyone else have an idea?

Marianne said...

I just noticed this - The potted plant behind Clancy - it's called a 'Cast Iron' plant. Mom's had more that just that one pot of it. My Mother took some from it and it was growing at our house on Hayvenhurst Drive. When my parents moved to Marina del Rey my Mother took her LARGE pot of it with her. When I moved to Carlsbad I took some of it with me. I now have a very large pot of it growing outside my front door. It just keeps on growing - maybe that's why it's called a Cast Iron plant.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE.
I hope to see more of you participating in The Family Blog in the future.

Marianne

Fred Hathaway said...

Marianne, that is amaxing that you could trace that aspadistra elatior from Moms' house to yours across So California and 80years!!!

Marianne said...

Pretty cool, huh! I was surprised when I looked at the family picture for the 99th time and WOW there was THE plant.
Wishing you and your family a Very Happy Thanksgiving - eat a lot and take a nap!

Susan Fleming said...

I have seen this photo a number of times, and cannot believe how unhappy everyone looks! Something surely must have been going on then. Yes, Marianne, I do believe the dogs name was Laddie. I remember my mother talking about this dog, whom she loved very much. The Iron plant story is amazing! So glad you have been taking such good care of it, Marianne.
Susan